From:
Patch Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 13:56:09 +0000
I joined this list in the summer and was given some usefull stuff. I am now back
in the UK and would like to recieve any relevant information.

Here's my story . . . . . .

I am a third year biology student at Royal Holloway University of
London. Over the summer I was working at the International Institute for
Tropical Ariculture (IITA), Biological Control Centre for Africa, Cotonou,
Benin, West Africa.

My project at IITA was to test the entomopathogen METARHIZIUM FLAVOVIRIDE for
detrimental effects on APIS MELLIFERA ADANSONII. It is hoped that the fungus
will soon be used as a biocontrol agent against locusts and grasshoppers.

Information on the West African honey bee I worked with appears to be scarce, as
seems to be information on bees suseptability to entomopathogens. Any
information you can forward me through E-mail/post would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Patrick Byrne.
My home address is :    snail mail:

                        Harefield