From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 May 1997 06:50:37 -0700
On Fri, 30 May 1997, <Larry Connor> wrote:

> Dear Bee-L Members
>
> Today I took delivery for the few remaining copies of Bee Genetics and
> Breeding, Edited by Thomas E. Rinderer. It was published in 1986 by Academic
> Press, Inc.
>
> Contributing authors include Anita Collins, Jean-Marie Cornuet, Alfred Dietz,
> Lionel Goncalves, John Harbo, Gudren Koeniger, Jovan Kulincevic, Harry
> Laidlaw, Charles Milne, Robin Moritz, Robert Page, Thomas Rinderer, Friedrich
> Ruttner, Antonio Stort, H. Allen Sylvester, Kenneth Tucker and Jerzy Woyke.

  Hello Larry and All,

 I have a copy of this book and have had it since it came out back in
1986. It is a good book for those that are serious in beebreeding. It is
not light reading. You need a knowledge of Bioligy.The people that
contributed to the book are on top of there field.
 To tell you the truth about beebreeding in the US, we need more breeders
with the book. I have made statements here on the list about increasing
our gene pool in the US. You can't help but come up with that conclusion
after you watch our bee behavior and read the book. If your breeding bees,
you should have the book and understand some of the problems that are
working against you. It cost money for education , but that is what it
takes to be the best that you can bee.

 Best Regards
 Roy