From:
Dave Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:39:45 -0500
From: "Karen Oland" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>

> --A porno site simply appropriated one mating insect image...      :o(
>
> And how, may we ask, did you come across this misappropriation of your
> image? <g>

   Ooooooppps!

   Actually I did not intentionally visit the site. Honest!  Cross my heart
and hope to die!

   I occasionally run searches for links and for the digital watermarks for
my photos. They can be quite informative.

   I've been searching to try to clean up all the dead links to my old
pollination page, now closed for well over a year. It's almost impossible to
get all the links out "there." For one thing, the seach engines do not find
them all. Sometimes I notice them in other ways, such as when I was recently
browsing on Dr. Huang's page. I need to let him know he has a dead link.
;o)

   For another thing, a lot of webmasters won't update their page, even if
you notify them....  Expunging dead links to expired pages is like trying to
kill afrobeetles.  Every now and then I find a link to Andy Nachbaur's page,
which actually did live on after him for a year or so (makes me sad every
time, too).

Dave in SC
(-Durn....now I gotta go check my page for dead links...again....)

Dave Green   SC  USA
The Pollination Home Page (Now searchable): http://pollinator.com