From:
Bill Hesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2018 08:51:11 -0400
>Does anyone here know anything about power converters that invert 12V DC to 110V AC? How many watts would they need to generate to run a blower? I am guessing at least 1000W but maybe I would need 2000W like you say here

Hi Pete - you have to start with the rating tag on the blower that states the amperage load. Then it's a simple conversion to watts. Watts = Amps x Volts (Ohms law).  So if the tag reads a 10amp rating,  then the inverter needs to put out 1100 watts at 110 volts AC. Correctly sizing the inverter requires that you purchase one capable of the wattage requirement plus some spare capacity.

Bill Hesbach