From:
Murray McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2006 22:07:55 +0100
In message <[log in to unmask]>, Gavin Ramsay
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Beekeepers are caught in the middle of this mess.  The authorities in
>Valencia in Spain have been forcing beekeepers, through annual decrees, to
>move their stocks 5 km away from citrus plantations and so away from this
>lucrative honey crop.

This is just about it in a nutshell. Its the problem of seeds appearing
in seedless citrus crops which reduces or even collapses their market
value.

However..........if all are interested enough I can get this right from
the horse's mouth if you give me a few days. I am off to Valencia on
Monday 17th for 3 days on a business trip visiting big bee breeders,
some professional bee farms, and foundation makers. My main host is the
biggest honey trader in the area and he knows ALL the bee people, so I
can get a definitive answer.
--
Murray McGregor