From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2012 06:04:06 -0800

> >maybe others will debate Randy on the neonics & bees?

Hi All,  I often find myself, along with Pete Borst, in the position of
playing the role of Snopes.com--shooting down popular myths.

This does not endear me to some who hold cherished beliefs--I feel like the
one telling them that there really isn't an Easter Bunny.

But this is, after all, supposed to be an "informed" discussion group.  So
when "uninformed" statements are made, some of us feel the need to set the
facts straight.

The discussions on this list aren't intended to be winnable debate--the
purpose is to educate and inform us all.  As such, a friendly debate
between those such as Bob and myself indeed serve that purpose.  I have
questions about the neonics, as does Bob.  I value Bob's practical
observations, since he is in the heart of corn and soy country.  I feel
that Bob values my analysis of the research and record, as well as my own
practical observations, as much.

I leave it to each to draw his own conclusions, but I suggest that such
opinions be based upon accurate information.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA