From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2012 18:40:15 -0800
Since it looks like my original message got lost in the system upgrade,
here it is again:

Dr. Roy J. Barker passed away in Tucson, Arizona.
He was at the Tucson USDA-ARS BeeLab in the late 1960s to mid-1970s,
had a long career in insect research before coming to Tucson,
and was always very active in his church and Scouting.
(He is also mentioned in the first chapter of Carson's "Silent Spring")

A nice and funny guy, and a dedicated researcher.

BARKER, Roy J. (1924-2012): Memorial Service Saturday, February 11, 2012
11:00 a.m. at Our Saviour's Lutheran Church. No Flowers. Donations to be
made to the church for the Barker Fund (outreach). Arrangements
entrusted to ADAIR FUNERAL HOME, Avalon Chapel (520-742-7901).