From:
Ron & Eefje <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2007 07:18:21 +0200
Another angle to this:
Have you guys that collect much pollen from your hives ever considered
what the consequences are for the colonies when they are deprived of the
pollen for longer periods? After all, one of the bees naturally required
food sources is suddenly taken from them and this must have an impact on
their well-being. Nowadays loaded with other external interrupting
factors like mites, diseases, viruses, polluting agents and our
strangely behaving climate and also depriving the bees the inflow of
their pollen may well be their neck shot! Aren't we a little too greedy
here?

Ron van Mierlo