From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2015 01:35:58 -0300
On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 1:01 AM, Mark Berninghausen  wrote:

> I must be missing something.

I envisage a "system" where "everyone" using the territory registre their
use of fitozoosanity product or registre to be informed of those other
uses. I envisage such system protecting privacy and location, therefore you
can not "see" others, but could be informed given certain criteria defined
by "the system".

We had in 2011 problems with our honey export to europe because this GMO
pollen issue.  Here grower didn't want to say where they were planting
(principally so not to reveal soil/site condition, also for biosecurity
reason) but we build a system that will tell registered beekeepers given a
3 and 10 km radius the gmo cultivars in that surface.

Why not receiving a 72 hr? 48? 24 hr? notice of those filters you have
created in the applicators database?

It is not a matter of asking for permittion, you just follow the label on
an IPM practice, but register those applications with a certain time in
advance, and then "the system" do the trick of telling those interested.

Would landowner/user sopport the burden of declaring what they are doing?

At least at Chile our main problems are related to applications in fruit
farms and most of them produce for export so take record for
Certifications, kit is just a matter of operating/programing that system.