From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:19:26 -0700
Bob wrote:
> Just how are beekeepers supposed to solve aaaaaa IAPV problem? What is
> your
> solution?
> That's right!
What's right?  No one has claimed that the virus alone is the killer.
Researchers are suggested that a combination of factors is necessary.
Perhaps you should take the time to read the paper.  If a combination is
necessary, we can address the other treatable problems, e.g., nosema or
nutrition.

> Let it run its course and breed from survivors!
This is obviously the long-term solution.  However, rapid DNA screening
would allow us to identify queens carrying resistance to a virus.

>Where are these hives crashing?
Montana, Canada, California are reports I've heard.  Perhaps elsewhere.

I'm not interested in arguing, Bob.  There's a problem out there with CCD,
as you've clearly stated previously.  Normally you are a facts and data guy.
Indeed, I remember you recently suggesting that we distribute electron
microscopes nationwide.  Why the sudden adversity toward identifying
pathogens?

Randy Oliver