From:
andrea young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2010 13:27:40 -0400
Jerry.
Thank you for responding and for your apology.
I did not need for you to put yourself in the position of 'outing' yourself, and I must say that I am most impressed and comforted by your courage.

I have been in your position, and understand.
So, let me just say publicly, if you DID need to just vent, you picked the right person :)

I was taken aback, yes, but I'm also very empathetic to your stress level right now, and to the feelings of being unjustly attacked and hounded.

I think, indeed, that this has been a great moment to reflect on all of our actions, including mine:

1. I am going to take the time to read through everything before I post something, even if it means that I cannot 'correct' a misconception on another email as quickly as possible. The unintended consequences of trying to rush things are not worth it.

2. Hopefully we ALL, including me, can take an extra breath to insert some good will into what we read.

3. It already appears that relationships are stronger and more welcoming than before this silly misunderstanding, and you Jerry, have shown yourself to be a gallant, courageous, honest and decent person through your kind apology to me,

SO

Lets put this behind us and move on.

Thank you again, Jerry.

xoxoox A