From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2012 22:09:51 -0500
25 Hives  wrote, "... so it seems very feasible that there are more
swarms then."

Grant jumped from "seems very feasible" to "as more swarms seem to
emerge during a waxing moon".

I would caution against making such a leap from a seeming possibility
to a hard fact.  Just sayin'.  I'm finding the discussion interesting.
 I never put much stock in phases of the moon, but I'm enjoying the
ride.

If I'm skeptical, I would observe that a lot of queens (commercially
raised and feral alike) have, by the luck of the draw, their life
cycles outside of the ideal moon phases and grow up to be fertile egg
laying units producing well adjusted, productive colonies.

Or, using the planting in phases of the moon analogy, I have planted
some kick ass beets when the moon was full that to my untrained eye
and palate are every bit as big and sweet as beets planted when the
moon was new.

Aaron Morris - thinking the more I ponder, the more I feel like a lunatic!