From:
Gerry Visel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 01:11:45 EST
Respected Bee Persons, (and the rest of ya too!  ;-) )

   While corresponding with an international beekeeper, he mentioned
using a product "BIPIN," that had Amitraz as the active (only?)
ingredient.  It got dissolved in water and poured (?) on the bees between
the frames, if I understood him correctly.

   I believe recall seeing this stuff advertized here in the US about
five years ago (for both mites??) but have not seen or heard anything
recently.  Can anyone tell me why it was withdrawn, if it was?  What
cautions should he observe?  Does it hurt the bees?

Thanks in advance,

Gerry and the other Visels at
Winnebago, IL  USA