From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:00:54 -0800

> >Do the numbers coming in from overseas and across border impact the
> migratory folks?

I don't think they do to any extent.  The price is not competitive.  If the
going price for strong colonies drops to $125, the Aussie packages will be
priced out of the market for almond pollination.

However, beekeepers who have suffered major losses, may find Aussie packages
to be a potential resource for restocking their colonies early in the
season.

> >BTW, I hope to get a chance to hear you speak this Saturday in
> Indianapolis and thanks for taking so much for the research you are doing
> regardless of scale on your own shoulders.

Thanks, Richard!  If this rain continues, I may be worrying about my bees
starving in the orchards when I am in Indiana!  :(

Randy Oliver