From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2014 07:50:40 -0600
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
I do know about monitoring, and do so constantly (I
even  have boards in now, even though I be darned if I can find any info on
 Interpreting varroa drops during the winter in a broodless period).

As I mentioned in a private email, if you're a member here your probably not
what I would call a hobbyist.
Members here are very informed and mostly open to a good discussion, and the
other point of views that come from it.  Sometimes that's hard to read into
an email.

You should check out Randy Olivers page on mite monitoring.  From what I can
see mite drops are not the most effective method out there. Darn few
beekeepers are willing to do a real mite wash as they don't like to kill
bees.   The next question is what mite levels are really acceptable??  Some
hives do fine at 5%  others don't at 3%  so even here we have no solid
answers.

But,  I shall let it go as that is note the main topic of this thread and
don't want to get off topic any further.

And your welcome,  I should have explained it fully in the first note.
Sometimes I don't think far enough ahead.

Charles