From:
Mike Griggs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
INFORMED Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 1998 15:15:23 -0500
I am toying with the idea on making up some Kenya top bar mating boxes.
Before I  plunge into the project I was wondering if someone on the list
might know of a supply house, prices, phone and or address of commercial
mating nucs.  I would tentatively want around 50 and it would be quicker
and easier to buy them then spending a couple of days in the garage.

Seems I recall seeing some made of cardboard dipped in wax or similar type
material as postoffice boxes if I make my own they may be based on a queen
rearing project we did in Peace Corps in N Africa, mini boxes with four top
bars.

Seems to be a bit of interest in  local (NE USA) Queen production.  I would
like to have a few queens on hand over the course of the summer for
replacement of failures with long term interest in bees adapted to local
conditions.

Please E-mail me  or post up

Thanx
MIke Griggs