From:
Al Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 00:36:55 -0500
On Sat, 29 Nov 1997 08:08:55 -0600 curtis spacek <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>I don't know about the rest of you,but I have yet to see a commercial,a
>bill-board,or even a sign along the side of the road promoting honey.

Perhaps, this is a constructive  public relations/advertising idea for
the commercial honey interests to seriously consider, i.e, National Honey
Board, outfits that sell honey like Golden Blossom ( A Commercial US
Honey Brand), etc., (referring particularly to highly visible
bill-boards). It could tie in with the news articles that have been
appearing with some frequency this past year in the US (most recent being
the LA newspaper article sent in to the List).

Aside from what is offered on their web-site and materials that the
National
Honey Board will provide to Bee Clubs ( or anyone else), if the Club will
supply their name and address to the NHB, and a periodic Honey Recipe
Pamphlet that is available from Golden Blossom, I do not know what else
is available out
there.

This thought inspires me to suggest that perhaps those of us who have
web-sites related to Honey Bees could make available some of this info on
our sites.  Perhaps some sites already do.

For those who are interested:

National Honey Board
390 Lashley Street
Longmont, CO 80501-6045
USA

Golden Blossom
73 East State Street
Doylestown, PA 18901
USA

Anyone else on the List have some names/addresses of stuff like this
available upon request ? (Assuming that some List Members are interested)
I would appreciate the info anyway, as perhaps I could put up a page on
my
site about this for the general public that visits the place.

Al,
 [log in to unmask] - Scituate,MA,USA
 The Beehive- Educational Honey Bee Site
     http://www.xensei.com/users/alwine/