Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:53:59 -0800
>>>   BUT urban beekeeping is permitted and can be CNG certified.   So you can be certified if you keep bees on a 1/4 acre lot and if YOU don't maintain your lawn with chemicals.

If one has the time and money, sounds like a good chance to run a test.   I'm sure if one were diligent enough, one could find some family in town with around a quarter acre lot that would let you keep two or three hives on their lot and who would follow the CNG protocal.  When harvest time comes, keep the honey from those hives completely separate from any other honey you harvest and then have samples of both the urban honey and your general run-of-the-mill honey tested for contaminants and see which comes out the cleanest.   Might prove to be very interesting.

Mike in LA