From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2008 06:25:21 -0400
Simon St.Laurent wrote:

> There doesn't seem to be any central registry keeping track of these
> things, and pretty much all of the data seems to be anecdotal or at best
> sampled in ways that don't lead to statistically meaningful conclusions
> for beekeeping as a whole.

Welcome to the list. There is a data base and the arguments about
anecdotal vs informed observations were covered in depth. (I said the
same thing you did way back when.)

There is an archive of all posts on the bee list which is an excellent
resource to find what has happened before and also a lot of
information on all sorts of things related to beekeeping. I use it
often to answer questions I have on some practices.

http://listserv.albany.edu:8080/archives/bee-l.html

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine