From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2010 11:52:01 -0500
> Regarding Miteaway, MT has had its 24-C approved, but the supplier, as of
> last week, has reportedly failed to apply to EPA for a permit to deliver
> the
> product to the U.S. approved states.

I hate to speak for Liz but from memory Liz said the EPA wanted additional
information submitted on a package material which is the holdup. Liz said
the permit was given for shipping but pulled by the EPA at the last minute.
Liz expects to get an ok to ship to Montana and the others quickly as the
EPA has said they would expedite the process.

I think I have the above correct Jerry but call Liz.

I expect due to me being the ONLY beekeeper in Missouri (so far) pushing to
get the strips it will take at least three weeks.

For those interested and could help me in Missouri:

Step one is the getting the 24-c  approved. My attempts over the phone have
failed so a trip to Jefferson City by me may need done. Can another
beekeeper closer to Jeff City help? Grant?
The state pesticide office has the form. Same office which gives out the
section 18's I have been told.

Step two I think can be bypassed and made easier by contacting the officers
of the Midwestern Beekeepers assn.( instead of the Missouri State which meet
twice a year) and getting a letter from their group. They meet monthly and
easier to contact (being a past president and office for over 20 years for
the group. Three officers can make the decision to lend support according to
the by-laws but all the officers are local.

I have a letter from myself and can get a letter from the extension
entomologist.

Liz said she would take care of the rest.

Usually when something sounds to good to be true it is but many of the
larger operators seem convinced the product will do as advertised. I remain
skeptic but optimistic!

bob