From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2013 21:30:58 -0400
>The Beeinformed Partnership survey, and Bob's observation that commercial
beekeepers are having problems keeping colonies alive is of interest.

Since you brought my name up I guess I will comment.

2013

You might BS your fan club but the truth is there was a big shortage of hives for almonds.

Commercial beekeepers of the ABF went to Washington asking for help.

The commercial beekeepers on the Dan Rather program are real beekeepers.

 I witnessed first hand the number of hives sold to replace losses out of Florida in 2013.

Spent the day with one of the largest commercial beekeepers in California while in Florida.

I sat in an office and witnessed commercial beekeepers not able to get bees to replace losses. Including the largest beekeeper in the U.S..

I saw the number of package bees sent into the Midwest. Was called by the shipper asking if I needed package bees.

Talked to queen suppliers sold out into May.

I spoke with brood and cell sellers in Texas about the demand this year.

If you want to think beekeeping has never been in a better place go ahead.

bob