From:
ARTHUR SKIPPER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 07:34:52 -0500
Hello

If I maybe allowed to address a couple of your questions with my limited
knowledge.

1.  If feeding the masses is the problem, then why are so many American
farmers going broke?  It is my understanding on economics that supply and
demand will determine prices.  You make an extremely important point in
limiting the population growth as another answer to the question.

2.  On your question, do scientists fully understand the effects of GM.  I
have recently been convinced they do not and your answer of abandonment is
correct until such time as they do.

3.  The genie being out of the bottle appears to be correct. But as in all
things, should be stop trying to find ways to possibility put it back.  If I
cut myself and start bleeding profusely do I simply forget it because the
damage is done or do I continue to try and stop the bleeding and minimize
the damage.

Sincerely

Art Skipper
1810 Pilgrim Road