From:
Peter John Keating <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 23:24:10 -0400
Do be careful when purchasing these blowers. I purchased a Homelight and
found that the exhaust gases were exhausted with the blown air!  Not good
for the honey or bees.  I spent a lot of time modifying it!  I have had some
excellent Mitsubishi blowers but can no longer obtain parts for them. I now
have a Sthil which is very good, it's a backpack blower which is okay but
uncomfortable if one works alone and has to bend and walk with it on the
back. I much prefer the free standing models, but one has to be careful that
they don't suck up bees (install a finer screen) and that they don't blow
soil which may introduce botulism spores??  I also have an electric Sthil,
that I have never used.   It was recommended by a French beekeeper. I like
the idea of having a quite 4 stroke generator on the truck a quite electric
blower in the hand; it would sure beat a noisy 2 stroke on the back!  There
are now some high volume 2 stroke hand blowers from some companies which
appear to be very good.
Peter