From:
Gavin Ramsay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 23:52:55 +0000
Hi Bob

> For some unknown reason some CCD hives can turn around but
> not often (my observations) and I recommend killing off the
> small queen and clusters left.

Bob, these colonies have likely survived a huge challenge as whatever-it-is swept through the yard.  Isn't the best explanation that they have the genetics to tolerate the pathogen?  Isn't it likely that if you build up again from these colonies then next time your losses would be a lot smaller?

all the best

Gavin