From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 2016 13:28:23 -0500
Mr Ash

 What you say about CCD aka Dwindling Disease (DD) of the 70s is true, and I encountered two survivors that  were as AHB as any I've seen.  Really mean, would hit you  at the gate 1/4 mile  from the  bee yard.

 But that preceded the queen failure issue that I saw in Helena by almost a decade.

 I saw both the previous DD, the 2006, 2010, and other cases of CCD.

 The queens in the DD came from suppliers around Baton Rouge, into TX.  The  queens that failed in our Helena trials were from northern CA.