From:
Sean Werle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 1995 15:38:17 EST
Thought someone here might have some thoughts on this:

From: [log in to unmask] (Carla Casler)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Apis yemenitica

Oddly enough, the most recent issue of ARAMCO magazine has an article about
bee-keeping in Yemen and the unusual honey produced.  Unfortunately, I don't
have the issue with me at the office. Send me a message directly, if you
need me to track down the citation.

This magazine provides mainstream articles of interest to people curious
about Middle Eastern culture and history, so if you need scientific
information, you may not find this of interest--but it does have some nice
pictures.

>I have just been apprised of the possible existence of the species Apis
>yemenitica.  Said to flourish in Yemen south of Saudi Arabia's Empty
>Quarter, this honeybee may have originated in Ethiopia.
>
>My education would be almost complete if people who have personal
>knowledge of this species, subspecies or race of bee were to share
>something of their experience with others on this list.

>*     Joseph Cooper     *

Carla Casler
CAB International North American Office
845 N. Park Ave.
Tucson, Arizona 85719
USA

800-528-4841

[log in to unmask]    or    [log in to unmask]