From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2006 07:44:50 -0400
>  Apart from events associated with changes of queen I don't remember  any of
>my colonies having been broodless (without brood) at a latitude of about  52
>degrees N.

Yeah Chris, but you are in the UK, where there isn't much of a winter. Your
bees bring in pollen in February...from Ivy, isn't it? And that Gulf Stream
effects what your bees do.

Our bees do go broodless...at least most of them. Some of the Italian type
stocks don't, or maybe just for a brief time. I guess I'm just doing the
best I can with what I have to work with.
Mike