From:
Dick Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 02:13:58 -0500
Hi Ivan:

Ivan Pechanec wrote this:

>This fall I gave out samples of my honey in the neighborhood and included
a small write up on the advantages of locally produced honey. I received
zero subsequent requests for additional honey.

To which Chuck Norton replied with this:

>Most of these folks kindly said, ““THANKS”” upon receipt of their gift,
but the awaited responses of ““MORE HONEY, MORE HONEY”” from the neighbors
and their friends never came.

I used to give out free honey, too, hoping it would bring in the customers.
It didn’t. I imagine they enjoyed the honey though. I quit giving it away
quite as often. It still makes great gifts, and the immediate neighbors get
a little for free since I live in the city. But I’ve given up on trying to
woo people with free stuff. What I have done, though,  is to give out a
little extra now and then or sell it for a bit less to really good
customers.

Regards,
Dick Allen