From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2014 19:31:34 -0500
> Despite this, until now, no systematic comparisons of different strains of
bees under standardised conditions in a range of environments have taken
place. A bee that performs well in one region may not perform well in an
area with different conditions, or indeed in another area with apparently
similar conditions.

The problem I see with this work so far is its actually restating what to me
is obvious.  Itialians will do poorer in cold,  carniolas will have smaller
brood.  Black bees and Russians do better in cold climates.
Of course some bees are better in some enviorments.

These are things we know.   The point of this discussion is different.  The
question is can and do bees adapt to the surroundings and those that survive
do better than an imported.    If you have local carniolas for say 10 years
and your line is good, if you buy some good carniolas from say AUS will they
do differently??

I am still sorting thru that data,  but so far they don't seem to mention
honey production and how the weighted the issues. If I am missing supporting
data on productivity please let me know......

Charles