From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2013 18:15:04 -0400
> What amazes me is the passion on both sides of this issue.

I am not passionate about it. I think the simpler explanation covers it: they make planar surfaces deliberately. I looked at a frame this morning with a chamfered wood comb guide. They started comb at several places along the bar. There was one place where there was only one cell started. It had the lozenges in the base and the planar cell walls. Hence there were no other cells to push against this single cell. According to the theory, the single cell should have been round, but it wasn't.

Pete