From:
Tom Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 23:28:56 -0400
A  most interesting series of letters on Queen Raising. I have enjoyed seeing
all the conflicting ideas. Only human seems to survive without careful
breeding. Where humans have tried to use selective breeding they have often
caused other problems.
Look at what they have done to dogs!

Despite all, I wish one day to raise queens. How does one go about selection
the right stock? It seems to me,since the queen is mated in flight , unless
artificial insemination is employed it would  be impossible to plan the breed
lines. Much easier with large animals. Can someone give me some tips on
this.please???
reference books etc.