From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 13:10:13 -0400
> I was checking out a hive with an extremely valuable queen and found
> her balled; badly balled ... Notwithstanding the cause of the balling ...
> After two hours, she went back into the (roaring) hive

Barry,

Seems to me you're TRYING to lose that valuable queen!  You simply cannot
not withstand the cause of the balling and may have hit the nail squarely
on the head when you write after two hours, she went back into the (roaring)

hive.  Why are you introducing a valuable queen into a rorring hive?  Set up
a samll nuc, one that you are absolutely sure is queenless, and introduce
your
valuable queen in the nuc!  After she has been accepted in the nuc (say in a

week or so) combine the nuc with the roaring hive.  In the meantime, figure
out why the roaring hive des not want your valuable queen or you will likely
lose her when you combine the nuc.  Chances are that you have overlooked a
queen or queen cell and that's why the hive will not accept your new queen.

Good luck, it's not fun paying for queen carnage!

Cheers,
Aaron

PS: There's plenty in the archives on introducing queens.
BEE-L archives can be searched at:
http://listserv.albany.edu:8080/cgi-bin/wa?S1=bee-l