Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2018 20:34:16 +0000
>>>   I have tried my smart phone but it must sense the heat
of your fingers so it doesn't work inside a plastic bag or wearing
gloves.  The only sure thing I have found that works is a digital recorder.   .   .   .   <><><> I have an app on my iPhone called Voice Memos which I have used in making notes on apiary activities.  As mentioned, it is touch activated but I have used it while it was locked within a zip lock bag.  It doesn't have a pause button but does record a new note each time it's activated.  It records the date along with each note and now with my updated OS it also records my location which can be turned on or off.  Unless the bees are testy I work them bare-handed so the limitation of working a smart phone has not come up.  That would be a limitation.  For those who don't wish the expense of a digital recorder and can work barehanded, I think your smart phone might do the job.
Mike in LA