From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2017 06:09:20 -0500
a randy oliver snip..

It means that any material fed to the bees, using them as a delivery system
to the mites, would want to ensure that the active ingredient was
concentrated in the fat bodies, rather than the haemolymph.

my comments..
I seem to recall that the young fellow who presented this was named Sam although I am not certain what University he was associated with?  I did commend him in the hall in questioning the prevailing 'wisdom'.  Since my wife and I were only there for one day I did not get to see many presentations beyond those of the students but I did briefly look in on one other 'commercial' presentation concerning honeybee health (don't recall the guys name but I believe he was from the same general area as Jerry B) and he commented on how the weight of the bee (individually) was often time a pretty good indicator or their health.  This kind of information makes me wonder if the problem with varroa has anything to do with nutrition and the honeybees capacity to store fat bodies?