From:
jimmy odom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2011 18:42:42 -0400
Hello List:

When the bees consume a pollen patty, are they moving this into storage for
a later date or are they consuming it?    I have tried dry pollen substitute
before and was not satisfied with it as i have been with patties.  I think
bees do better if fed the patties.  When i tried the dry  pol/subs, I placed
it on a baker's pan and placed the pan w/ the pol/subs into a 55 gallon
barrel laid on it's side.   Some bees worked it but mostly, they seemed to
ignore it   Also FWIW, I place a piece of 1/4" mesh wire approx the same
size as the a patty on top of the  top bars and then place the patty on top
of the wire so as to facilitate being able to remove the patty intact for an
inspection.

just wondering

jimmy odom
charlotte nc