From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 06:42:37 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Gary C. Lewis [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 9:54 PM

Hello Bee People,

Has been about 3 years or so since I was last on this list. Gave up our bees
two years ago when our daughter was born.Being older now, she and me, it is
time to get back to bees this spring.
   Have not kept up with what has been going on. I guess there is still the
"normal" on going battles with V/T mites. When last I was here the "Hive
Beetle" was begining to damage hives and spread very quickly around the
country.
  Have been looking around for local bee keepers that may be able to provide
bees this spring. Prices for package bees are very high fom the companies I
have bought from in the past are anywhere from$50. to$75.00.
   Might see if I can't catch wild swarms the wid bee population has been on
the increase in this area. Noticed many more bees last summer than any year
before. Had a few hives swarm on me over the years perhaps they made it in
the wild.
  Just wanted to drop in and say hello.

Gary C. Lewis
Duke Center,