From:
Kristina Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2017 21:24:05 -0600
Hi Rebekah,
   Wow!  That's a really high mite count!  I'm assuming that's for 300
bees.   Apivar, or whatever, will address the mites, but not the viruses.
They take time to clear.  DWV causes the symptoms you mention, but those
bees usually die in a few days.  The numbers you're seeing are cause for
concern.  Do another mite count ASAP.  My personal inclination at this time
of year would be to dump the bees in soapy water and give the stores to
another hive.  Next year monitor monthly April-Nov, every hive if you have
fewer than 10, some other sampling protocol if you have more.  I treat when
the counts are over 6.  Others on the list have more/different experience,
but I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Kristina Williams
Boulder, CO

I'm in the Pacific Northwest. First week in August mite counts in this hive