From:
Ian Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ian Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 16:07:15 -0500
On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, David Eyre wrote:

> There is a trend developing which bothers me some, and I believe is worthy
> of discussion. It would appear that this list is becoming just a question
> service. By that I mean people ask a question of the list, then arrange the
> answers to go back to the originator and not to the list as a whole.
>         If this trend continues all we will be left with is a bunch of
> questions and no answers. I for one joined this list to learn and have my
> questions answered. I have enough questions of my own without looking for
> more, without getting any answers. It's a bit like waiting for the second
> shoe.

Good point David...!
I had just noticed the same thing, having asked a question the other day
and the kind answerer sent it directly to me.  Although I can't remember
the subject of the question I do know it would have been of benefit to
some of the others to have heard the answer.  I too joined the list to
learn, and it has been a wonderful source of info thus far....lets keep it
that way...Thanks..:)

                          Ian Watson