From:
Michael Jaross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2011 23:47:05 -0800
I've been using the Nassenheider Evaporator to deliver formic acid in
early August for a few years.  Works well, but this is a back yard
operation, so the considerable labor in preparation is not a big deal.
I started with Oxalic Drizzle in mid-December this year.  So far, I've
seen good mite drops and I haven't lost any colonies yet. I'm
considering adding a second annual formic treatment in September next
fall  if the weather holds. This is NW WA, so weather is never reliable.

In recent discussions, formic delivery in Dri-Loc 50 pads came up.  Can
somebody explain how the pads were prepared, what strength formic, how
long the treatment lasts and how many applications are needed for a
complete treatment?  Can't seem to get to any information online.  A
short description or a link would sure be appreciated.  Thanks.

Michael Jaross
Bellingham, WA