From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 12:25:15 -0500
http://www.orsba.org/download/SHB.pdf

Intersting.  Had some rain here this morning ands an hour to kill.   Looked
up some research in SHB....  this one is a must read.  Funny thing  the
conclusions and work here and by Ellis  match exactly what I am seeing and
said.   At certain thresholds they do take over.  They do lay in capped
cells,  and they defiantly do better in wet soils.

The only thing I have not seen mentioned again is the AHB attacking SHB
larva,  which I am not seeing in AM.  But that could be that certain hives
do and some don't  if they were being removed and carried away I would not
see that in observation.   What I do note is that on bottom boards ( I use
mostly top entrances) the bees will constantly attack adult beetles,  but I
have yet to see a Larva attacked.  Even when both are present in mass.

Does anyone know if Termador would work on SHB Larva??

Charles