From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2011 13:21:42 -0500
I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the subject.

Commercial beeks use day length to get the bees to brood up. Period.
My point is simple. The bees will raise some brood with different triggers
but our efforts to get the bees to really crank up begins with the longer
days in December and begins with the shorter days in fall to get winter
bees.

Total darkness in the hive does not happen with a open entrance. The bees
are
very in tune with when daylight begins and ends.

bob

Ps. How is the 4 million dollar hive of robotic bees at Harvard coming
along?