Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2008 06:16:08 -0800
For those who wondered what Juanse had to say, here is a rough translation,
accomplished by using Babelfish and a little tuning by hand.

He seemed satisfied with the version I asked him to look at, but he was
tired after a long day.   I am sure he will correct any errors in this
translation if they misrepresent his meaning.  Peter, also may notice some
shades of meaning and add or correct, I am sure.

Myself, I have been very pleased -- delighted, actually --  with the
positive and encouraging response of the list to Aaron's declaration, and
have been holding back on commenting on the list in order not to distort
opinion, but my understanding is that Aaron has returned the list to
moderation now, at least that was what he told me last thing last night, so
I will add my 2c later.  For the long detailed version, some may care to
visit my current diary (bring lots of coffee).

For now Juanse  and others -- Gavin, Trevor, and more have pretty well said
it all.  Here's to raising the bar!
---

Aaron

In view that now we can write freely I will write in Spanish better to
express myself --  in my maternal language.

To write in English is a great effort. Before beginning to write on Bee-l it
took almost two years for me to read each and every one of the historical
archives through access via  honeybeeworld.com. [link to the the U at A
server - ed.]

 For my learning as beekeeper, the reading of those messages was of great
usefulness, even vitally important. Soon I began timidly to write, at the
start with beginning questions; today I write what I consider to be
contributions from this humble valley in the south of Chile.

Most important it is than I found friends. I could travel to Australia
thanks to the fact that I know Peter Detchon through Bee-l. I have had the
privilege to report on the valuable aid of Randy Oliver: that years ago back
I made him see the importance of the nosemosis, and for whom pleasingly I
have served as translator with the Spanish investigators and who fully to
demonstrated what it costs, like person, scientist and Renaissance Man.  I
am beholden to Peter Borst, who worked in Chile for years and has been
helping greatly  with his librarian connections. I have enjoyed the
contributions of Allen Dick (with his suggestive last name) and his
formidable honeybeeworld. I should also mention Trevor Weatherhead and his
advice in the rearing of queens and the interchanges with Irwin Harlton with
respect to the price of the honey. They are many I do not mention.  In
short, through bee-l I feel near the knowledge of end and the experience of
many years of other colleagues in other latitudes. Aaron thanks, Bee-L
thanks, thanks to those who write and contribute.

Like decimos in Chile: Aaron you never die! Bee-L you never die!

I understand Aaron, that you are tired, as are many of us when conversation
concentrates in the insidious declarations of Jim or in the tiring small
cell talk from Dee or in sabelotodo (know-it-all) Bob. I understand [your
weariness] when many of us were involved against them.

What I do not want to imagine is the amount of mails that we do not see, and
the conversations that you moderate and try to correct so that they fulfill
you rule of the list. By personal experience I have received several emails
returned from your side, because they did not comply with bee-l-tiquete --
commentaries that I really appreciate by their respect and precision, and
also because helped a me to perfect my English.

Please, you do not stop moderating, do not leave bee-l, and do not leave a
us, the faithful following of this source of intelligence.

To that have the balls, please put [yourself] in the place of Aaron and the
one of which we read the list and we are not there with its precarious
contributions.

If sometime you come to Chile, Aaron, you do not doubt in contacting to me.
My house is your house.

With esteem and support from Chile, I wish you that you rest away from us
this weekend and you return recharged on Monday

-- Juanse Mud J. APIZUR S.A. Race 695 Gorbea - CHILE +56-45-271693
08-3613310 http://apiaraucania.blogspot.com