From:
Steve Pearce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 1995 15:02:36 GMT
I wonder if anyone out there with more experience of heat can help!

This Summer here in Scotland has been unusually hot (for us).

I recently got 2 hives from a person who was giving up beekeeping, and
after a while to see if they were healthy and free from disease put them
in my apiary. They had no supers on, so I supered immediately. There was
then a spell of hot weather, the wax on the frames I put in melted out.
This has not happenned to the existing hives in the apiary.

1. If the bees move in properly to the supers will they keep it cool ?
2. Will more hot weather keep the bees out of the super anyway ?

Steve Pearce
Scotland