From:
"Lipscomb, Al" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 09:30:07 -0400
>Some people "just want to try it", because it is NEW - no other reason.
That
>is sick!
>Gosh, I wish people would pay attention to the scientists, and READ THE
LABEL!

Sadly reading the label is not an option _before_ you buy. I just double
checked the Mann Lake web page (http://www.mannlakeltd.com) and I could find
nothing about the danger of the strip. I also checked the catalogs of
several companies who are reselling the product and they also have nothing.

In the catalogs it is just listed under "Varroa Mite Control" products in
the same area as Apistan. The only note being that it can only be sold in
states with EPA approval. It also mentions that it works against the small
hive beetle. Since I am in an area that is close to problems with the small
hive beetle, the first instinct is to kill two birds with one stone. Get the
product that will not only take care of the mites, but protect against the
beetle as well.

I did some poking around the archives on the chemical in Mite-Check and it
is not a nice one. Without access to the information on this list it would
have been very hard for me to find this out before getting the strips. I
think I am going to post some of this information up on my web site.

Thanks all.