From:
Bob & Liz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:15:58 -0500
Hello Aaron & All,

> > Yes Brother Adam used bees from Africa but the Apis Mellifera Scutellata
> > (the mean bee we hear about) is not the only honey bees from Africa,
there
> > are others:
> > - the Apis Mellifera Lamarckii (Egyptian honey bee)
>
> It's been some time since I read Brother Adam's
> _In_Search_of_the-Best_Strains
> _of_Honeybees_ (so long in fact that I may not have the title exactly
> correct), but
> my recollection is that Bro. Adam only made it to the northern countrys in
> Africa and
> never made it into A. scutellata territory.  A. lamarckii was definitely
> included in his
> "search".
In the video it shows and talks about Brother Adam stopping and looking at
A.mellifera scutellata. The video makes the comment that the only time
Brother Adam ever used  gloves was the day he looked a A. scutellata. I
don't believe the video says he brought home queens but I could be wrong as
it has been several years since i saw the video of his search for *the
perfect bee*. The video I am talking about shows Brother Adam being carried
after he hurt  his leg or ankle.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Odessa, Missouri