Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2011 08:32:41 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (41 lines)
       This all got me thinking that it might not be such a bad idea to have an agreement like this on hand, so I wrote a very basic one up, including many of the points already discussed in this thread.  I do agree the best situation is that where a handshake is all you need, but it is also true that invariably the person who ends up giving you the trouble is not the one you shook hands with months or years before. As they say, "An ounce of prevention..."
       Please note, I am NOT a licensed attorney, and laws vary greatly from state to state (and country to country), so please do not rely on this without seeking the advice of an attorney liscensed in the jurisdiction where you live.  That said, this lease formatted in Courrier New 11pt, should fit one one page, and I think it would cover most of the basics.  Please feel free to offer any feedback, as I am always looking to make my leases more practical for all parties involved.

Brutz English
Barnesville, GA

AGRICULTURAL LEASE AGREEMENT

THIS AGRICULTURAL LEASE AGREEMENT (hereinafter referred to as the "Agreement") made this ____ day of _________________, 20­­__, by and between _____________­­­____________________(hereinafter referred to as "Landlord") and _________________________________(hereinafter referred to as " Beekeeper ").

W I T N E S S E T H :
     WHEREAS, Landlord is the owner of certain real property (hereinafter referred to as "Property") being, lying & situated in ______________ County, Georgia, such real property being more particularly described as follows: ___________________________­_____________________________________________________ 
     WHEREAS, Landlord desires to lease the Property to Beekeeper upon the terms and conditions as contained herein; and    
     WHEREAS, Beekeeper desires to lease the Property from Landlord on the terms and conditions as contained herein;  
     NOW, THEREFORE, for and in consideration of the mutual covenants & obligations contained herein, and other good & valuable consideration, the parties agree as follows:  

1.   TERM.  The term of this agreement shall begin on _______________, 20__, and shall continue for 12 months.  Beekeeper shall have the option to renew this Agreement annually, subject to the terms & conditions contained herein.
2.   USE.  Beekeeper shall have the right to use the Property for the exclusive purpose of placing and maintaining colonies of honeybees. Beekeeper agrees that this permission is personal to him only, and Beekeeper specifically agrees that he shall not acquire any Squatters Rights.
3.   RENT.  Beekeeper shall pay to Landlord one pound of honey per beehive kept on the property, on or before December 31st of each year. 
4.   TERMINATION.  This Agreement may be cancelled at any time provided that Landlord shall give Beekeeper not less than three calendar months notice that he requires Beekeeper to remove the beehives, and that Landlord shall not require Beekeeper to remove the beehives during the months of November, December, January, or February.
5.   HOLD HARMLESS.  Landlord shall not be liable for any damage or injury of or to Beekeeper, Beekeeper's agents or employees, or to any person entering the Property on behalf of Beekeeper, and Beekeeper hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Landlord harmless from any and all claims or assertions arising from any injury or damages caused by Beekeeper’s negligence.
6.   MISCELLANEOUS. 
     a.  Beekeeper shall have access to the property at all times, but shall make a reasonable effort to notify Landlord in advance whenever Beekeeper will be working in the apiary;
     b.   All bees, hives, and beekeeping equipment are the property of Beekeeper, and Beekeeper shall be responsible for the care and maintenance thereof;
     c.   The beehives may be inspected by the appropriate local, state, and/or federal governing authorities as required ordinance, statute, and/or agency rules & regulations; and
     d.   If the property should change hands, Beekeeper will be notified within 5 days.

_____________________       ________________________
Landlord                    Beekeeper

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

Guidelines for posting to BEE-L can be found at:
http://honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm

ATOM RSS1 RSS2