From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:27:20 -0800
Hi All,
Interesting discussion!
Bob, I am polishing up my alternative nosema treatment article today to send
off for publication, and will let you know when I post to my website.

The nonstop rain in Calif has prevented me from taking samples to test the
efficacy of HoneyBHealthy--will do asap.

Brian, the synergistic effects of Amitraz and other beekeeper-applied
miticides with each other, and with other pesticides are a hot topic
definitely deserving of study.  Beekeepers using Amitraz alone appear to
have healthy bees.

I have been on the phone most of the morning talking with commercial
beekeepers, trying to determine why some are bringing 99% of their colonies
into almonds, packed with bees, whereas others are bringing in 50% or less,
with poor colonies.  There are trends.  Bob appears to be right about varroa
and nosema.

Bob is also right about researchers talking to each other.  There is lots of
collaboration going on.  Progress may appear to be slow if your colonies are
dying, but there are a lot of dedicated researchers performing meticulous,
time-consuming hard work to try to get to the root of our problems.  My hat
is off to them!

Randy Oliver