From:
Mike Tooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 0101 04:50:33 GMT
..

> Anyone else always use 9 frames when drawing comb?
    Yep,homemade frames that use  wide endbars so only 9 fit in a
6 5/8(med.) super.Drawn over a STRONG hive in a GOOD honeyflow,the combs are
drawn perfectly.Nice fat combs,easy to uncap.I only use wood frames and wired
wax never did like plastic but may change at some point,because if the flow
isnt strong enough to draw foundation the bees will chew out the wax around the
wires.So you have to get it right.When using factory frames we will put 10 in
the box until drawn because it is hard to get the spacing perfect,otherwise.I
dont want to hear about frame spacers,they are just an added expense IMnotsoHO.

-Mike

This message was sent using InterStar WebMail