Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:32:12 -0400
>I noticed Randy Oliver's recent speculation that the use of Terra. might be
>beneficial in preventing the catastrophic losses that are being seen because
>of damage by varroa and subsequent susceptibility to attack by 'normal'
>viruses and bacteria.

Nor do I.  I guess what I am trying to get at is this: if we use one treatment,
does it (maybe) increase the need for another treatment?

In my case, it seemed the bees and mites were held in eqilibrium by the splitting
and one oxalic treatment in previouis years -- until I treated with antibiotics last
year.  last year, the varroa count ballooned.

Of course, this is merely conjecture, and other factors may have been the
reason for the high counts.  It may have simply been that my treatment the
prvious fall was less effective or other factors during the 2001 summer
were different.

Without careful monitoring, I have no way of knowing and that is something
that makes a lot of experience quite useless to others as examples and makes it
hard to know what is happenig.