From:
Mike Rowbottom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2013 12:37:35 +0000
Hi

It seems to me that what matters, if you want to make comparisons with
others, is how the average is defined.  I use the number of colonies going
into the previous winter to use with the subsequent year's honey crop.
That works for me because I do not buy colonies, I don't try to overwinter
nucs and in the UK it is not normally possible to raise nucs and have them
produce honey in the same year.

Like all averages it is what it is, and is only directly comparable with
others produced on the same basis.

Regards

Mike Rowbottom
Harrogate